Can't login to Media Wiki .... external table error

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    php|uber.leet Forum Index // General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RuffRhyno

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 3:11 pm    Post subject: Can't login to Media Wiki .... external table error Reply with quote
I can login to the forum but once I go over to the Wiki folder I'm not able to login, I get this error message.

Code:
 exception 'Exception' with message 'Unable to view external table
MySQL Error Number: 1146
MySQL Error Message: Table 'blott0_phpbb.phpbb3_users' doesn't exist

' in /home/blott0/public_html/wiki/extensions/Auth_phpBB.php:699 Stack trace: #0 /home/blott0/public_html/wiki/extensions/Auth_phpBB.php(505): Auth_phpBB->mySQLError('Unable to view ...') #1 /home/blott0/public_html/wiki/includes/User.php(609): Auth_phpBB->getCanonicalName('Blotterbug') #2 /home/blott0/public_html/wiki/includes/User.php(306): User::getCanonicalName('blotterbug', 'valid') #3 /home/blott0/public_html/wiki/includes/specials/SpecialUserlogin.php(385): User::newFromName('blotterbug') #4 /home/blott0/public_html/wiki/includes/specials/SpecialUserlogin.php(493): LoginForm->authenticateUserData() #5 /home/blott0/public_html/wiki/includes/specials/SpecialUserlogin.php(102): LoginForm->processLogin() #6 /home/blott0/public_html/wiki/includes/specials/SpecialUserlogin.php(17): LoginForm->execute() #7 /home/blott0/public_html/wiki/includes/SpecialPage.php(748): wfSpecialUserlogin(NULL, Object(SpecialPage)) #8 /home/blott0/public_html/wiki/includes/SpecialPage.php(534): SpecialPage->execute('wfSpecialUserlo...', NULL, Object(SpecialPage)) #9 /home/blott0/public_html/wiki/includes/Wiki.php(224): SpecialPage::executePath(NULL) #10 /home/blott0/public_html/wiki/includes/Wiki.php(55): MediaWiki->initializeSpecialCases(Object(Title)) #11 /home/blott0/public_html/wiki/index.php(93): MediaWiki->initialize(Object(Title), Object(OutputPage), Object(WebRequest)) #12 {main}]

I am using a single database for both the forum and the wiki, but with separate database users. I have this defined in the LocalSettings.php, and I have altered the command that tells Mediawiki to look for an external database to false.

The odd thing is that last night after I got the forum and the wiki installed successfully, I was able to log into Mediawiki with the name. Now today, I'm not able to do so. I've tried tweaking several things in the LocalSettings.php but I'm not a programmer. Maybe there is some information I am skipping over.
root
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
It says

MySQL Error Message: Table 'blott0_phpbb.phpbb3_users' doesn't exist

Check and make sure the mySQL User you are using has access to blott0_phpbb.phpbb3_users
RuffRhyno

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
ok guys, I solved the problem. Basically, I mistakenly glanced over a bit of code that I hadn't edited to accurately find the location where my PHPBB was installed into...

Below is the code that you have to add to LocalSettings.php for the extension to work

Code:

// PHPBB User Database Plugin. (Requires MySQL Database)
require_once './extensions/Auth_phpBB.php';

$wgAuth_Config = array(); // Clean.

$wgAuth_Config['WikiGroupName'] = 'Wiki';       // Name of your PHPBB group
                                                // users need to be a member
                                                // of to use the wiki. (i.e. wiki)
                  // This can also be set to an array
                  // of group names to use more then
                  // one. (ie.
                  // $wgAuth_Config['WikiGroupName'][] = 'Wiki';
                  // $wgAuth_Config['WikiGroupName'][] = 'Wiki2';
                  // or
                  // $wgAuth_Config['WikiGroupName'] = array('Wiki', 'Wiki2');
                  // )

$wgAuth_Config['UseWikiGroup'] = true;          // This tells the Plugin to require
                                                // a user to be a member of the above
                                                // phpBB group. (ie. wiki) Setting
                                                // this to false will let any phpBB
                                                // user edit the wiki.

$wgAuth_Config['UseExtDatabase'] = false;       // This tells the plugin that the phpBB tables
                                                // are in a different database then the wiki.
                                                // The default settings is false.

$wgAuth_Config['MySQL_Host']        = 'localhost';      // phpBB MySQL Host Name.
$wgAuth_Config['MySQL_Username']    = 'blott0_phpbb';       // phpBB MySQL Username.
$wgAuth_Config['MySQL_Password']    = '*****';       // phpBB MySQL Password.
$wgAuth_Config['MySQL_Database']    = 'blott0_phpbbwiki';       // phpBB MySQL Database Name.

$wgAuth_Config['UserTB']         = 'phpbb3_users';       // Name of your PHPBB user table. (i.e. phpbb_users)
$wgAuth_Config['GroupsTB']       = 'phpbb3_groups';      // Name of your PHPBB groups table. (i.e. phpbb_groups)
$wgAuth_Config['User_GroupTB']   = 'phpbb3_user_group';  // Name of your PHPBB user_group table. (i.e. phpbb_user_group)
$wgAuth_Config['PathToPHPBB']    = '../phpbb/';         // Path from this file to your phpBB install.

// Local
$wgAuth_Config['LoginMessage']   = '<b>You need a phpBB account to login.</b><br /><a href="' . $wgAuth_Config['PathToPHPBB'] .
                                   'ucp.php?mode=register">Click here to create an account.</a>'; // Localize this message.
$wgAuth_Config['NoWikiError']    = 'You are not a member of the required phpBB group.'; // Localize this message.

$wgAuth = new Auth_phpBB($wgAuth_Config);     // Auth_phpBB Plugin.

Basically, towards the end of the code, the line that says this:

$wgAuth_Config['PathToPHPBB'] = '../phpbb/'; // Path from this file to your phpBB install.

The path was incorrect in regards to my PHPBB directory, I just changed it to this:

$wgAuth_Config['PathToPHPBB'] = '../forum/'; // Path from this file to your phpBB install.

Now, everything works great!

Thanks for the response Root, and I hope that this info can help anyone else who runs into this simple little oversite error.
punjab

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 2:29 pm    Post subject: MySQL Error Message: Incorrect table name Reply with quote
Hi, I'm getting a similar error and I can't figure out why.
After I try to log in I get the following error message.
Quote:
Notice: Undefined index: wgPHPBB_UseExtDatabase in /home/kabaddi/public_html/wiki/extensions/Auth_phpBB.php on line 199

Notice: Undefined index: wgPHPBB_UserTB in /home/kabaddi/public_html/wiki/extensions/Auth_phpBB.php on line 276
Unable to view external table
MySQL Error Number: 1103
MySQL Error Message: Incorrect table name ''

line 199 reads
Quote:
if ($GLOBALS['wgPHPBB_UseExtDatabase'] == true)

and line 276 reads
Quote:
$GLOBALS['wgPHPBB_UserTB'],

I've tried changing this settings
Quote:
$wgAuth_Config['UseWikiGroup'] = true;
in the LocalSettings.php file to both true and false, but no luck.

I think it might have something to do with this setting
Quote:
$wgAuth_Config['PathToPHPBB'] = '../forum'; // Path from this file to your phpBB install.
just because the error shows a home directory, which I don't have. But to be honest I just don't have a clue

Please help
root
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
What ver of php and MySQL are you using?
punjab

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks for the super fast reply. Sorry I was out of town this weekend.

PHP version 5.2.5
MySQL version 4.1.22-standard-log
punjab

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
could it be that i have two user tables in my database?
one named mw_user and another one that I use for my forum named phpbb_users
I thought I had made the write settings in the LocalSettings.php file.

Quote:
$wgAuth_Config['UseExtDatabase'] = false;
(because the tables are in the same database)
Quote:
$wgAuth_Config['UserTB'] = 'phpbb_users'; // Name of your PHPBB user table. (i.e. phpbb_users)
$wgAuth_Config['GroupsTB'] = 'phpbb_groups'; // Name of your PHPBB groups table. (i.e. phpbb_groups)
$wgAuth_Config['User_GroupTB'] = 'phpbb_user_group'; // Name of your PHPBB user_group table. (i.e. phpbb_user_group)
$wgAuth_Config['PathToPHPBB'] = '../forum'; // Path from this file to your phpBB install.
root
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
What version of the plug-in are you using? I suggest re-downloading 3.0.3 and re-uploading the files from there. Also setup LocalSettings.php like the readme file suggests. Because wgPHPBB_UseExtDatabase is not valid anymore. I do not use it in 3.0.3.
punjab

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks a lot. I thought I had downloaded and installed 3.0.3 but I guess I hadn't. I think some of the code on the download link differs from the source code link in that brings you to this site.
Whatever it was, I did what you said and it worked. Thanks so much for your help!
root
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
what links did you follow to get here? I'll see if I can update them.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    php|uber.leet Forum Index // General All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: