problems integrating phpbb and mediawiki

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    php|uber.leet Forum Index // General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brian

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 7:06 am    Post subject: problems integrating phpbb and mediawiki Reply with quote
Hi thanks again for your script, I appreciate your hard work with this extension. Anyhow I posted on the mediawiki forum to get little response so I thought I might try here. I will copy/paste what I wrote there below to see if we can't tackle the problem. Thank you for your time.

------------
Anyhow I have media wiki installed and I wanted to tie it into PhpBB so I added in the mod script to LocalSettings.php. At first it worked fine - no issues and if people wanted to edit they had to login with their phpbb forum user/pass. But they were still able to view the pages as an anonymous user without logging in. As the information in our wiki is considered closed doors to our community I wanted to ensure only members could read it as well. So I added in some more code to make that happen. No matter what I try now I just get errors. So let me post where I'm at.

[PHP]$wgGroupPermissions['Wiki' ]['read'] = true;
// Implicit group for all visitors
$wgGroupPermissions['*' ]['read'] = false;

# allow these pages for anonymous users
$wgWhitelistRead = array ("Special:Userlogin", "Special:Userlogout", "MediaWiki:Common.css", "MediaWiki:Common.js", "MediaWiki:Monobook.css", "MediaWiki:Monobook.js", "-");

# remove the link to the talk page for non-logged in users
$wgShowIPinHeader = false;
$wgDebugComments = true;[/PHP]

It will now block non logged in users from viewing the wiki but once logged in if I view any page it says:

Permission error
From Joe's CNC 4x4 Hybrid
Jump to: navigation, search
The action you have requested is limited to users in the group "Wiki".

It's as if its saying I didn't setup the group correctly but I did, and it worked when I didn't limit visitors, just not now. Any help would be very appreciated. Thanks so much!
root
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I do not know the answer to your question. But I have an idea that might lead you to an answer.

The "Wiki" group that you setup in phpBB is limited to just phpBB. MediaWiki has no idea the group is even there. You probably also need to setup a "Wiki" group up in MediaWiki and assign users to it.

I have not messed with MediaWiki groups so I do not know how to do this.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    php|uber.leet Forum Index // General All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: