Login error ('Unable to view external table)

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    php|uber.leet Forum Index // General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zake black

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 1:54 pm    Post subject: Login error ('Unable to view external table) Reply with quote
Hi getting the following error

Code:
Unexpected non-MediaWiki exception encountered, of type "Exception"
exception 'Exception' with message 'Unable to view external table<br />MySQL Error Number: 1146<br />MySQL Error Message: Table '**********_campingwiki.phpbb3_users' doesn't exist<br /><br />' in /home/**********/public_html/campingwiki.co.uk/wiki/extensions/Auth_phpBB.php:699
Stack trace:
#0 /home/**********/public_html/campingwiki.co.uk/wiki/extensions/Auth_phpBB.php(505): Auth_phpBB->mySQLError('Unable to view ...')
#1 /home/**********/public_html/campingwiki.co.uk/wiki/includes/User.php(664): Auth_phpBB->getCanonicalName('Admin')
#2 /home/**********/public_html/campingwiki.co.uk/wiki/includes/User.php(343): User::getCanonicalName('admin', 'valid')
#3 /home/**********/public_html/campingwiki.co.uk/wiki/includes/specials/SpecialUserlogin.php(411): User::newFromName('admin')
#4 /home/**********/public_html/campingwiki.co.uk/wiki/includes/specials/SpecialUserlogin.php(520): LoginForm->authenticateUserData()
#5 /home/**********/public_html/campingwiki.co.uk/wiki/includes/specials/SpecialUserlogin.php(103): LoginForm->processLogin()
#6 /home/**********/public_html/campingwiki.co.uk/wiki/includes/specials/SpecialUserlogin.php(17): LoginForm->execute()
#7 /home/**********/public_html/campingwiki.co.uk/wiki/includes/SpecialPage.php(749): wfSpecialUserlogin(NULL, Object(SpecialPage))
#8 /home/**********/public_html/campingwiki.co.uk/wiki/includes/SpecialPage.php(539): SpecialPage->execute('wfSpecialUserlo...', NULL, Object(SpecialPage))
#9 /home/**********/public_html/campingwiki.co.uk/wiki/includes/Wiki.php(226): SpecialPage::executePath(NULL)
#10 /home/**********/public_html/campingwiki.co.uk/wiki/includes/Wiki.php(59): MediaWiki->initializeSpecialCases(Object(Title))
#11 /home/**********/public_html/campingwiki.co.uk/wiki/index.php(114): MediaWiki->initialize(Object(Title), Object(OutputPage), Object(WebRequest))
#12 {main}

I have checked the path and think it is correct, my method off checking is when i change it to anything else other than what i have set it gets a different error lol!

Being the good boy i am i did search! and found other posts one saying to try

Quote:
Check and make sure the mySQL User you are using has access to blott0_phpbb.phpbb3_users

How would i do that???

Cheers[/code]
root
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Take a look at

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/privilege-system.html

for info on MySQL User Permissions
zake black

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
root wrote:
Take a look at

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/privilege-system.html

for info on MySQL User Permissions

Im sorry i dont understand this?

I have checked in my control panel and the db account has all privileges??

Looking at the error, it states that the entry is non existant?

Sorry if im being a bit thick but i really dont get it???

Last edited by zake black on Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
root
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Where in your database is phpBB installed?
zake black

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
root wrote:
Where in your database is phpBB installed?

I used a fantasico installation for phpbb so it was automated
root
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Well that error message is saying that the plug-in is looking into the database "**********_campingwiki" and looking for the table "phpbb3_users" and it is unable to find the table there.

Because your database contains the text wiki in its name. (**********_campingwiki) I am going to assume that you did not install phpBB here.

You will need to find out where (what database) phpBB is installed to and then configure the plug-in with that information.
zake black

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
root wrote:
Well that error message is saying that the plug-in is looking into the database "**********_campingwiki" and looking for the table "phpbb3_users" and it is unable to find the table there.

Because your database contains the text wiki in its name. (**********_campingwiki) I am going to assume that you did not install phpBB here.

You will need to find out where (what database) phpBB is installed to and then configure the plug-in with that information.

Hi, thanks for the support.

heres the config.

Code:
//$wgAuth_Config['MySQL_Host']        = 'localhost';      // phpBB MySQL Host Name.
//$wgAuth_Config['MySQL_Username']    = '*******_phpb2';       // phpBB MySQL Username.
//$wgAuth_Config['MySQL_Password']    = '********';       // phpBB MySQL Password.
//$wgAuth_Config['MySQL_Database']    = '********_phpb2';       // phpBB MySQL Database Name.

$wgAuth_Config['UserTB']         = 'phpbb3_users';       // Name of your PHPBB user table. (i.e. phpbb_users)
$wgAuth_Config['GroupsTB']       = 'phpbb3_groups';      // Name of your PHPBB groups table. (i.e. phpbb_groups)
$wgAuth_Config['User_GroupTB']   = 'phpbb3_user_group';  // Name of your PHPBB user_group table. (i.e. phpbb_user_group)
$wgAuth_Config['PathToPHPBB']    = '../../testforum/';         // Path from this file to your phpBB install.

I have two domains campingwiki and thecampingforum

thecampingforum is primary. both located with the same host.

phpbb3 install is located in /forum (or in this case testforum)

campingwiki shows in the root of thecampingforum as a folder but acts as a seperate domain

so to get to the forum install from wiki is up two levels and then into the folder.

hope this all makes sense Rolling Eyes

thanks again

Andy
root
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Code:
//$wgAuth_Config['MySQL_Host']        = 'localhost';      // phpBB MySQL Host Name.
//$wgAuth_Config['MySQL_Username']    = '*******_phpb2';       // phpBB MySQL Username.
//$wgAuth_Config['MySQL_Password']    = '********';       // phpBB MySQL Password.
//$wgAuth_Config['MySQL_Database']    = '********_phpb2';       // phpBB MySQL Database Name.

These lines here have the // in front of them and it mean they are commented out. Please remove the //. i.e.

Code:
$wgAuth_Config['MySQL_Host']        = 'localhost';      // phpBB MySQL Host Name.
$wgAuth_Config['MySQL_Username']    = '*******_phpb2';       // phpBB MySQL Username.
$wgAuth_Config['MySQL_Password']    = '********';       // phpBB MySQL Password.
$wgAuth_Config['MySQL_Database']    = '********_phpb2';       // phpBB MySQL Database Name.
zake black

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
root wrote:
Code:

These lines here have the // in front of them and it mean they are commented out. Please remove the //. i.e.

Code:
$wgAuth_Config['MySQL_Host']        = 'localhost';      // phpBB MySQL Host Name.
$wgAuth_Config['MySQL_Username']    = '*******_phpb2';       // phpBB MySQL Username.
$wgAuth_Config['MySQL_Password']    = '********';       // phpBB MySQL Password.
$wgAuth_Config['MySQL_Database']    = '********_phpb2';       // phpBB MySQL Database Name.

Hi, ok removed the // before the code. i assume the parts at the end off the code are ok?

I only ask im still recieving the same error?

Im sorry to be a pain
root
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Your error should have changed from "**********_campingwiki.phpbb3_users" to "********_phpb2.phpbb3_users"

Which raises the question. which version of phpBB are you using?
zake black

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi,

PHPBB3

and its still the _campingwiki.phpbb3?
root
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Blank out the usernames and passwords and post the Auth_phpBB part of your LocalSetting.php file.
zake black

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
root wrote:
Blank out the usernames and passwords and post the Auth_phpBB part of your LocalSetting.php file.

I sent it to as a PM and left full details in other than user name and password was not sure about posting the full server name or not? not sure if this a security issue or not?

Thanks again

Andy
root
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Change this

Code:
$wgAuth_Config['UseExtDatabase'] = false;

to

Code:
$wgAuth_Config['UseExtDatabase'] = true;

if that does not work look in the database "o******m_phpb2" and look for a table called "phpbb3_users"
zake black

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
root wrote:
Change this

Code:
$wgAuth_Config['UseExtDatabase'] = false;

to

Code:
$wgAuth_Config['UseExtDatabase'] = true;

if that does not work look in the database "o******m_phpb2" and look for a table called "phpbb3_users"

Mate, thanks i finally understood! and checked the phpbb3_users in myphpadmin!

found the problem..

Code:

$wgAuth_Config['UserTB']         = 'phpbb_users';       // Name of your PHPBB user table. (i.e. phpbb3_users)
$wgAuth_Config['GroupsTB']       = 'phpbb_groups';      // Name of your PHPBB groups table. (i.e. phpbb3_groups)
$wgAuth_Config['User_GroupTB']   = 'phpbb3_user_group';

had to remove the 3 so its phpbb_users etc. etc. just tried and logging in all ok now Smile

I know i said the weekend but you got me thinking!!

thanks.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    php|uber.leet Forum Index // General All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: