$wgRedirectOnLogin + phpbb mod

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    php|uber.leet Forum Index // General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ubertechie

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:29 am    Post subject: $wgRedirectOnLogin + phpbb mod Reply with quote
Got the phpbb mod working - thank you!

Trying to use the $wgRedirectOnLogin option to redirect to specific page but getting an error. I know this needs to be set in the localsettings.php file, but does the option need to go before or after the phpbb mod? I ask since I tried it both ways and got the same error each time. Or would a different file need to be edited? Auth_phpBB.php perhaps? I'm thinking the phpbb mod needs to happen first then the redirect. Or am I going about it wrong?

FYI - if someone could confirm my syntax on the redirect option that would be great. i.e. if the name of the page to redirect to is called Welcome, then my syntax should be:

$wgRedirectOnLogin = "Welcome"
root
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Wish I had an answer for you ubertechie. I've not messed with the $wgRedirectOnLogin option before. I suggest getting the $wgRedirectOnLogin option to work w/o the plug-in and then try adding the plug-in after.
ubertechie

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
ok thanks - your suggestion did point me in the right direction. I got it working btw -

it was ok to place it before the phpbb mod in the localsettings.php - but my syntax was messed up. Doh! RTFM.

forgot to add the ;

it should have been:

$wgRedirectOnLogin = 'Welcome';

oh and with a few other options, i was able to turn it into a private wiki (my intention) that only forum members can read and edit.

thanks for all your help and quick reply.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    php|uber.leet Forum Index // General All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: