Problem with Auth_phpBB on phpBB.3.3.1 and MW.1.18.1

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    php|uber.leet Forum Index // General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mutos

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:02 am    Post subject: Problem with Auth_phpBB on phpBB.3.3.1 and MW.1.18.1 Reply with quote
Hi all,

I'm trying to install a site containing a phpBB, a MediaWiki and a Wordpress. I would like the phpBB to act as a driver fo the SSO feature. So I thouhgt about Auth_phpBB for authenticating.

I formerly had the same install, using phpBB.13.0.5 and MW.1.15.1 and it worked OK. Then I migrated from the old server to a new one, which was normally transparent, but actually everything related to authentification got awry. So I'm trying to reinstall everything with fresh installs of the latest versions of all softwares...

I installed a fresh phpBB.3.1.1 and a fresh MW.1.18.1, checked they worked OK, specially with their native authentication, and then tried to install Auth_phpBB using the default method of dropping everything directly to the extensions folder.

An here it crashes... I got the following exception :

Code:

Unexpected non-MediaWiki exception encountered, of type "Exception"
exception 'Exception' with message 'There was a problem when connecting to the phpBB database.<br />Check your Host, Username, and Password settings.<br /><br />MySQL Error Number: 0<br />MySQL Error Message: <br /><br />' in [....]/html/hk-wiki/extensions/Auth_phpBB.php:699
Stack trace:
#0 [....]/html/hk-wiki/extensions/Auth_phpBB.php(450): Auth_phpBB->mySQLError('There was a pro...')
#1 [....]/html/hk-wiki/extensions/Auth_phpBB.php(491): Auth_phpBB->connect()
#2 [....]/html/hk-wiki/includes/User.php(770): Auth_phpBB->getCanonicalName('77.193.41.173')
#3 [....]/html/hk-wiki/includes/User.php(361): User::getCanonicalName('77.193.41.173', false)
#4 [....]/html/hk-wiki/includes/Block.php(1064): User::newFromName('77.193.41.173', false)
#5 [....]/html/hk-wiki/includes/Block.php(1134): Block::parseTarget(Object(User))
#6 [....]/html/hk-wiki/includes/Block.php(1025): Block->setTarget(Object(User))
#7 [....]/html/hk-wiki/includes/User.php(1269): Block::newFromTarget('77.193.41.173', '77.193.41.173', false)
#8 [....]/html/hk-wiki/includes/User.php(3001): User->getBlockedStatus()
#9 [....]/html/hk-wiki/includes/specials/SpecialUserlogin.php(639): User->isBlockedFromCreateAccount()
#10 [....]/html/hk-wiki/includes/specials/SpecialUserlogin.php(505): LoginForm->attemptAutoCreate(Object(User))
#11 [....]/html/hk-wiki/includes/specials/SpecialUserlogin.php(689): LoginForm->authenticateUserData()
#12 [....]/html/hk-wiki/includes/specials/SpecialUserlogin.php(148): LoginForm->processLogin()
#13 [....]/html/hk-wiki/includes/SpecialPageFactory.php(458): LoginForm->execute(NULL)
#14 [....]/html/hk-wiki/includes/Wiki.php(240): SpecialPageFactory::executePath(Object(Title), Object(RequestContext))
#15 [....]/html/hk-wiki/includes/Wiki.php(640): MediaWiki->performRequest()
#16 [....]/html/hk-wiki/includes/Wiki.php(547): MediaWiki->main()
#17 [....]/html/hk-wiki/index.php(57): MediaWiki->run()
#18 {main}

I don't see why it can't connect to the database. I use the same database for phpBB and MW, so there shouldn't be any problem. Also, the MySQL Error Number: 0 and no message is quite bizarre...

Has someone tested this plugin with phpBB.3.3.1 and MW.1.18.1 ? Thanks for any hint, I'm quite lost now...
root
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have not tested that combo. But I find this odd.

Code:
Auth_phpBB->getCanonicalName('77.193.41.173')

Why is it sending an ip address to this method? This seems very odd.
Mutos

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi root,

Thanks for your answer !

I finally made it using another package. Here's what I now use :

- "Extension SSO" for MediaWiki : http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:Phpbb_Single_Sign-On
- "WP phpBB Bridge" from Xtnd.it for WordPress : http://www.e-xtnd.it/wp-phpbb-bridge/
root
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
thanks Mutos I added a link to the SSO extension to the mediawiki page.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    php|uber.leet Forum Index // General All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: