Amateur_Installs: Fedora Core 4 - PHP/MySQL/Apache

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    php|uber.leet Forum Index // General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
root
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Amateur_Installs: Fedora Core 4 - PHP/MySQL/Apache

I finished the [B]Amateur Installs[/B] walk through for [B]Fedora Core 4 - PHP/MySQL/Apache. [/B]

The goal of [B]Amateur Installs[/B] is to create a starting point for people who want to setup a web server and have no idea where to start. When I first got into setting up web servers there was very little help out there for someone who had no idea what they were doing.

Most guides went something like.

Download Load the WebserverInstall it.
Reboot.Combile this.
MakeMake install
And now the server works.
So I go the web site and there were always 10 versions of the web server to download. And I would always get some error when trying to compile it. Then in the middle of the install I would get ask if I want to enable some feature that I had no clue what it was. The guides said nothing and thus being lost I would say no and when everything was done the server did not work. Very frustrating for anyone who has experienced this.

These walk throughs will help the amature go from A to B in the shortest path. The idea is to get a web server up and running. [B]The walk throughs are not secure.[/B] Do not use them for setting up a web server thats connected to the internet. Someone will hack you.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    php|uber.leet Forum Index // General All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: